[Pharo-dev] Proposal to remove [Stream|Collection]>>#write:

Stephan Eggermont stephan at stack.nl
Mon Feb 25 01:57:42 EST 2019

Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at stfx.eu> wrote:
> <intellectual response>
>
> "Check the selectors used in the latest packages on squeaksource, ss3,
> smalltalkhub and decide."
>
> are pure technical, intellectual arguments and not passive-aggressive criticism. Right.

Yes, it is a very, very serious response. A few years ago I did some
prototypes with DeprecationFinder and MonticelloProjects, applying it to a
subsection of smalltalkhub.
This is essential infrastructure. Both for deprecations and to recover
dependencies. Should be easy to get a paper out of it.

Stephan