[Pharo-dev] Using Metacello scripting API with non-github repo

Cyril Ferlicot cyril.ferlicot at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 09:59:20 EST 2019

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 2:57 PM Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at stfx.eu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My code lives in a private bitbucket git repo, how can I use this with the Metacello scripting API ?
>
> Metacello new
>   repository: 'ssh://git@bitbucket.somehost.be:8899/xxx/t3-pharo.git';
>   baseline: 'BetaNineT3';
>   load: #('core' 'gb').
>
> IOW, what is the correct URL ?
>
> Is that even possible, if not what is the alternative ?
>
> I created/used this repo before, using keys as authentication.
>
> Could one also use username/password authentication, like when deploying ?

Hi,

I think non default ssh port will not be supported by Metacello.

I had to add it for gitlab to be able to reference repositories from a
self hosted gitlab with non default ssh port. I guess the same can be
done for bitbucket but it I doub it's already done.

For Gitlab I added it in MCGitlabRepository for the Metacello part and
in the Iceberg extensions of this class to use the new infos in
Iceberg. (Method scpUrl)

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr