[Pharo-dev] How does Metacello decide what is already loaded ?

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Thu Feb 14 12:40:33 EST 2019

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2 wrote
> How does Metacello decide what is already loaded ?

IIRC, if you load via the scripting API (i.e. 'Metacello new..."), versions
are kept in a registry, but if you use e.g. Gofer, it "guesses" the version
based on the package versions present. I can't answer your more specific
questions, but since one can "lock" based e.g. on repository location, that
must be considered somewhere. Also, NB, I doubt Dale actively follows this
list, so you may want to ping him.

-----
Cheers,
Sean