[Pharo-dev] Can't Install Launcher on Mac Mojave

Christophe Demarey christophe.demarey at inria.fr
Thu Feb 14 04:57:52 EST 2019

> Le 13 févr. 2019 à 19:23, Sean P. DeNigris <sean at clipperadams.com> a écrit :
>
> Max Leske wrote
>> Nope. I downloaded launcher just 20 minutes ago on Mojave and am using
>> it without problems.
>
> Weird. Nuked startup preferences folder just in case. fullPath modification
> didn't help.
>
>> Where did you extract it to?
> ~/Application
>
>> Did you extract it as a different user?
> Doesn't look like it
>
>> Did you try to run it from within the .dmg directly?
> No. Opened the dmg, dragged it into apps folder, then opened that

ok. I see.
When building PharoLauncher, Metacello loads PL code with url:
	Metacello new
		baseline: 'PharoLauncher’;
		repository: 'gitlocal://src';
		load
In PL, if you inspect IceRepository registry, you will notice a repository IceLibGitRepository(.) corresponding to the above expression.
when you run PL from UI, working directory is /, IceLibGitRepository(.) then is resolved to / => no git repo there.
That’s why you get: Could not find repository from ‘/'

Here is a fix for it:
(IceRepository registeredRepositoryIncludingPackage: (RPackageOrganizer default packageNamed: 'PharoLauncher-Core'))
	name: 'pharo-launcher';
	location: nil

Christophe