[Pharo-dev] Can't Install Launcher on Mac Mojave

Christophe Demarey christophe.demarey at inria.fr
Wed Feb 13 05:08:35 EST 2019

Hi Sean,

There was a similar issue on Linux: https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-launcher/issues/307

It works with 1.7.2 on my laptop but I’m able to reproduce the error if I put PharoLauncher in a location containing non ASCII characters, I get the same error.
To fix this, in PL image, edit VirtualMachine>>#fullPath with:
	^(self getSystemAttribute: 0) asByteArray utf8Decoded

It is a problem with the Pharo image. Encoding is not managed everywhere.

Tell me if it fixes your problem.

Christophe