[Pharo-dev] Roadmap for Pharo 8.0

Serge Stinckwich serge.stinckwich at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 10:47:01 EST 2019

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 4:41 PM Alexandre Bergel via Pharo-dev <
pharo-dev at lists.pharo.org> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> At the consortium meeting we discussed the possibility to have a
> mini-Roassal included in Pharo8. Many opportunities exist: displaying graph
> of commits in iceberg, displaying UML within the code browser, visualizing
> dependencies between packages.
>
> We are motivated about it, and we should produce a runnable proposal ready
> to be evaluated by the community within a couple of months.
> Does it make sense? Any thought about it? Do you have a wishlist?

I will not be be strongly against it because I see benefits, but IHMO we
need to reduce the size of Pharo image.
Might be interesting to have charts included in the base.
A+

--
Serge Stinckwic

Int. Research Unit
 on Modelling/Simulation of Complex Systems (UMMISCO)
Sorbonne University
 (SU)
French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD)
niversity of Yaoundé I, Cameroun
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for
machines to execute."
https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich