[Pharo-dev] [ANN] 64 bits support preview

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 22:19:36 EST 2018

Hi guys,

Thanks for Guillermo Polito we now have 64 bits support for OSSubprocess.
You can see the required changes in this PR [1]. I made a branch called
`support64bits` so that you can help us test it even if CI said it was good
[2]. If you do test it and come back to us with the results, please tell us
which OS you used.

To install from the branch:

Metacello new
  configuration: 'OSSubprocess';
  repository: 'github://marianopeck/OSSubprocess:support64bits/repository';
version: #stable;

Roadmap: Current release is v0.2.5. So I will let that release for Pharo <=
5.0. I will make a new release with the Pharo 64 bits and call it v0.3.
That release should be used for Pharo 6.x. Once v0.3 is out, I will make a
new release v0.4 with some changes I wanted to do since a loooong time and
its a small refactor to minimize OSSubprocess dependency on OSProcesses
primitives (at VM side). This is thanks to Holger Freyther and Alistair
Grant [3]. As that requires a new VM, then v0.4 should be used in Pharo >=

[1] https://github.com/marianopeck/OSSubprocess/pull/30
[2] https://travis-ci.org/guillep/OSSubprocess/builds/349280174
[3] https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm/pull/142