[Pharo-dev] Blame support P7

Stephane Ducasse stepharo.self at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 08:04:36 EST 2018

> Am 13.01.2018 um 05:22 schrieb Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>:
>
> Hi Stephane,
>
> On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 1:26 AM, Stephane Ducasse <stepharo.self at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi torsten
>>
>> we have a super long list of *important* fixes and enhancements to do.
>

> Isn't it important to preserve the ability to exchange code between Pharo,
> Squeak and Cuis?  Don't you care that the VM development is directly
> affected by this?  Is the VM and plugin support not important to Pharo?
>

> Sure it is important. If you would ask if anyone considers this as not
> important you’ll have a hard time finding many. That is not the point. If
> everyone stays in its own personal context and judges from there it is
> obvious that most decisions outside look non-sense from there.
> This community is about collaboration. And collaboration does not mean that
> everyone understands everyone else’s decision. It means that if you don’t
> understand a decision from someone you still be able to believe he has good
> reason to do so.
>

> If the community is about collaboration then one prioritizes that which
> promotes collaboration and fixing that which hinders it.

Good that you mention that. Now I will not reply more because you will
not really be able to understand
my concerns about the way the VM is managed in a so community friendly way.

About git support some companies told us that GIT support is KEY for
them and it will be Key for the expansion
of Pharo.

Stef