[Pharo-dev] failing tests in Pharo 7

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Sat Jan 6 06:09:27 EST 2018

It great having a CI system to check all our tests a passing,
but I thought I'd go old school and run them from the TestRunner GUI
and found in a fresh latest Pharo 7 there are "128 failures, 63 errors"

This one is interesting...
ArrayTest>>test0FixtureAsSetForIdentityMultiplinessTest
| anElement res |
self elementsCopyNonIdenticalWithoutEqualElements.
anElement := self elementsCopyNonIdenticalWithoutEqualElements anyOne.
self deny: anElement copy == anElement.  "<<<<FAILS"

where anElement ==> SmallFloat64 (1.5)
so the deny fails.

It seems that the test setUp is wrong since
#elementsCopyNonIdenticalWithoutEqualElements
does not return a collection (of elements for which copy is not identical )
without equal elements:"

This seems like a permanent error rather than a transient one.
How does this slip through CI testing?
and what can be done about cleaning this up?

cheers -ben

P.S. With the loss of method version info is impossible to guess when this
may have been introduced, to guess which Issue it was related to, to guess
how I might approach fixing this myself.