[Pharo-dev] Raw pane on byteStrings

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Thu Feb 23 19:00:25 EST 2017

A couple of random side-thoughts for Pharo 7. Would it be possible...
* to have a "diff" tab, for example to compare two strings side by side,
perhaps highlighting and being able to jump to the differences.
* to somehow reference the parent pane, for example if the current pane
shows a string element from an array, I can grab another string from the
same array to diff against
* coming at it from the other way, perhaps an array [Items] tab could be
multi-selected for elements to diff

* it would be nice if you could right-click on a tab to get a menu item to
open its implementation. Then in this case Stef might jump to the
implementation of the [Raw], change the tab's name, remove the code
skipping middle elements and in a few minutes have a new tab doing what he
wants.
* perhaps the tab menu item could be called "Customize" and it
automatically copies and renames the [Raw] tab implementation into the
String class so its ready for editing.

cheers -ben