[Pharo-dev] Build Pharo VM

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 09:51:07 EST 2017

> On 23 Feb 2017, at 15:33, Guido Chari <charig at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile the Pharo-VM but I was not able. Neither in OSX nor in Unix. I followed the instructions on https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm <https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm>. In OSX the builder at the image level runs ok but I see no output at the build directory. In Unix, the files in the build directory were generated but then the building process fails because of some cmake files not found from one of the plugins. I am using the last version from the master repo.
>
> So my question is, any hints on what I am doing wrong? Are there any up to date documentation for building the vm?

yes: everything :)
that instructions are very old and I still do not have time to fix them…

basically, if all your dependencies are ok, doing this should be enough:

$ git clone git at github.com:pharo-project/pharo-vm.git
$ cd pharo-vm/opensmalltalk-vm/build.macos32x86/pharo.cog.spur
$ ./mvm -f

for linux you can:

$ cd pharo-vm/opensmalltalk-vm//build.linux32x86/pharo.cog.spur/build
$ ./mvm

Esteban