[Pharo-dev] ***Important*** Snapcraft pharo package for Pharo 50

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Tue Feb 21 08:56:21 EST 2017

> On 19 Jan 2017, at 00:25, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi!

> wow… this is super good, Holger, I want this since ages !

Great. The obs people will create a pharo organization for us.

> merge is done.
> there are 5 failing tests (and I still do not configure the tests for 64bits)… I will work a bit on this this week, but I’m finishing 3 things at the same time now (FFI 64bits, iceberg multi-remotes and this) so it will arrive… anytime soon.

What is the state of the unit tests and which tests fail? Are these genuine regressions compared to the Pharo5 VM?

> I wouldn’t wait until the tests are running :)

I am struggling with the squeak-vm build system right now. It is doing so many things in a non-standard way and it is getting more and not less. I am currently struggling with the install part.

To illustrate the challenge:

* Standard systems would use DESTDIR as variable to not directly install to /usr/bin/foo but $(DESTDIR)/usr/bin/foo. Squeakvm has only "prefix"

* There is a script to rename "squeak" to "pharo" after things were installed

* It creates a "squeak" shell script that tries to find the real squeak, this will make dual (64bit, 32bit) installation more hard as well...

let's see how far I get today

	holger