[Pharo-dev] Code Completion in Pharo

stepharong stepharong at free.fr
Fri Feb 17 05:03:15 EST 2017

Hi lukas

Nice to see you here.
I would start to look at the code and clean what is strange.

- Did you test the difference between the two algorithms?

- Did you play with NECPreferences?

- I would like to see what is the difference between the NOC class and the
NECclass

- I would like to remove the link with Smalltalk tools

- I would be nice to improve the class comments.

- there are some tests for NEC but
-- are there any good? Did you read them?
- there are no tests for NOC
-- it would be nice to add tests.

Looking at the code

quickFillWithCategoriesMatching: pattern
      (Smalltalk organization categoriesMatching: pattern) do: [:category |
(Smalltalk organization classesInCategory: category) do: [:e | self
quickFillWithClass: e]]

Smalltalk globals organization

no senders? Remove?
Class categories are an obsolete concepts so we should clean this.

NOCompletionTable comment
I keep track of symbols to be retrieved in ocompletion algorithm. Unlike
ecompletion, I learn something and try to retrieve users last occurences
of typing sequences first, then the system symbols which match.
TODO remove stupid symbols (like packages and method extensions and
timestamp)