[Pharo-dev] Code Completion in Pharo

Guillermo Polito guillermopolito at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 07:31:26 EST 2017

Hi Lukas,

This is cool and an interesting topic. Something that I would like is to
see wether we can merge the auto-completion with the AST-based suggestion
mechanism (right click on a piece of code -> suggestions), that provides
suggestions for refactorings and code browsing. I mean, you can see
auto-completion as a particular suggestion to add a word where the current
cursor is placed.

A somehow related question is to apply type inference mechanisms to enhance
the suggested completions. You can check the work done lately on type
inferencers for Pharo in here:

http://esug.org/data/ESUG2014/IWST/Papers/iwst2014_An%20extensible%20constraint-based%20type%20inference%20algorithm%20for%20object-oriented%20dynamic%20languages%20supporting%20blocks%20and%20generic%20types.pdf

Guille