[Pharo-dev] How can I create a trivial "spinner" etc, to see if image is busy?

Henrik Nergaard draagren at outlook.com
Sun Feb 5 16:39:40 EST 2017

Yes, but that will block the UI.
The progress bar update (world rendering) is done by force using “self currentWorld displayWorld”, which also means that if the #do:displayingProgress: is forked there will be more than one UI rendering at the same time.

Open a window, evaluate the script below, drag and drop the window around.
[
Smalltalk allClasses
do:[:aClass| (Delay forMilliseconds: 1) wait]
displayingProgress:[:aClass| 'Processing ', aClass name].
] fork

Best regards,
Henrik