[Pharo-dev] Bloc: Safe to Store SSH Passphrase in Pharo?

Peter Uhnák i.uhnak at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 06:52:06 EDT 2017

> So you do not put passphrases on your ssh keys?

Not always.

> Because you don't give the private key away why protect it? So imagine you
> have development process that includes a jenkins that needs to build the
> source and therefor needs access to the repository. What do you do?

I give it a password-less ssh key, encrypted in some manner. (I do not know
what Jenkins offers, but both Travis and GitLab(Runner) support file/data
encryption.)
Adding the build server a password on top of the key would make no
difference. If you have access to one, you have the access to the other.

Peter