[Pharo-dev] poor state of fuel

Max Leske maxleske at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 05:13:22 EDT 2017

Hi Norbert,

We still maintain Fuel.

I was not aware of the problem you describe. Could you open an issue on
github (https://github.com/theseion/Fuel/issues) with a detailed
explanation and, if possible, steps to reproduce the problem?

Cheers,
Max

On 29 August 2017 at 11:04:34, Norbert Hartl (norbert at hartl.name) wrote:

I'm migrating most of my projects to pharo 6.1 at the moment. I come from
pharo 4, I skipped pharo 5. I use 64 bit which removes a lot of stuff that
does not need to be installed and makes deployment better. That really
feels much better.

I use jenkins and there if a test fails a fuel dump is written to disk. The
jenkins server is ubuntu linux with the vm of the opensuse build. My laptop
has Mac OS and cannot read back those fuel dumps. I use the same image
version on jenkins and my laptop. Both are 64bit.

I asked that on discord and there was a mentioning that not only the 64 bit
fuel has problems. So I wanted to ask what is the state of fuel right now.
I consider fuel one of the core technologies in pharo and it is sad if it
just stops working.

Any feedback is highly appreciated,

Norbert