[Pharo-dev] [Pharo-users] [ANN] Pharo 6.1 (summer) released!

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 10:58:29 EDT 2017

> On 18 Aug 2017, at 14:53, Marcus Denker <marcus.denker at inria.fr> wrote:
>
> The problem is that doing a release 6.1 takes half a day of work. We could improve that, but then with Pharo7 all this changed anyway, so we will not improve this process.

half day? apply murphy law for system estimation:

- raise measure unit by one: day=week
- double time: 1/2 = 1

it took me one week to deliver the 6.1 release :(

this is something we will be fixing with 7.0 process: each image would be like a final image, then we will be able (or we *should* be able)  to create a new release by just changing a file and pushing it.

Esteban