frank.berger.software at web.de
Mon Aug 14 13:45:40 EDT 2017
this approach just as Bert's VM in the browser is/are certainly technically
very interesting projects and now comes the big "BUT":
- I see absolutely no sense in this approach for real-world end-user
- especially if their sources MUST be closely connected with existing
Smalltalk code, which does not run in the client like all the data-driven
model definitions etc that I already have
- the Morph UI is out of any question related to what end-users expect
(pardon, but end-users would regard this as a bad joke)
- the esponsivness of such a solution in the browser must always be far
slower than any "normal" browser UI
- and it's impossible to port my >10.000 framwork and application classes to
There are several more reasons, why this would conflict with my future
plans, which I do not want to disclose here.
So, I see only academic reasons for this work.
I do thank you for your answer. Should my view be copletely wrong, please
let me know.
Sent from the Pharo Smalltalk Developers mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the Pharo-dev