[Pharo-dev] Orca versus PharoJS

Frank-B frank.berger.software at web.de
Sun Aug 13 09:40:01 EDT 2017

@Serge

Merci beaucoup for the recommendation but I had looked at the PharoJS page a
few times before and I had not touched it, simply because it's the usual
thing that there is absolutely no meaningful information, description,
features list etc available. The slides don't really tell anything either
and the FAQ mainly tells where to get cups and shirts (ok that was nasty).

There are so many merely academic pseudo-solutions especially in the Squeak
and Pharo area, most of which have never really made it to production state,
that over the years I have become extremely sceptical. It's a great pity in
my eyes, because there are definitely many very bright people engaged there
and here. Unfortunately, many if not most Smalltalkers are very far away in
their perception and thinking from the end-users.

The Orca docs are just the total opposite, they are very detailed, extremely
professional and very convincing. But I don't know yet about the code behind
and because of that I will now give PharoJS a try and look at it.