[Pharo-dev] [Pharo-users] [ann] moldable brick editor - alpha

Denis Kudriashov dionisiydk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 13:17:06 EDT 2017

Good job guys.

Here is my feedback:

This package depends on the following classes:
  NewList
  NewListRenderer
  TabActionButton
  Tab
  TabBar

Then I proceed and it was loaded fine. And editor works like in demo.

2) Text cursor up/down is not working correctly when text is wrapped.

- it jumps between real text line instead of visual wrapped lines.

- it skips empty lines

- sometimes it is just not moved (not found concrete case)

3) I look a bit at text commands (TextEditorCommand) and found that current
KeyMapping package ($a asShortcut) is not used. Instead there is new
hierarchy of BlKeyCombination.
What the reason for this?

4) I thing we should try to use Commander for new UI widgets. For example
It is very naturally applied to TextEditorCommand hierarchy. And it will
automatically remove hardcoded shortcuts defined in method
BrTextEditor>>onAttached: