[Pharo-dev] Calypso browser and categories?

Denis Kudriashov dionisiydk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 08:10:47 EDT 2017

> On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 6:15 PM, Denis Kudriashov <dionisiydk at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Mariano.
>>
>> You right. Method for this was implemented but I forgot to use it in
>> #selectClass: logic.
>> I committed fix to dev branch. I will realze new version soon.
>>

> OK, great. Let me know when you want me to test it. I am glad it was a
> "bug". I thought it might have been some "decision".

It was not a bug but missing feature :)

>> But I am not sure that it is only issue you are talking about.
>>

> Yeah, I figured I can see it elsewhere. But I will find them if there are
> other places...
>

> BTW, I also found some other small issues which I comment below. Do you
> want me to open issues on github for them?

Yes, please :)

> * "Windows" -> "Delete all windows discarding edits" -> does not close
> Calypso windows with none saved edits

Never use it. Now I look at implementation and it is super naive. Not sure
that we should modify Calypso to satisfy this approach. I thing there are
other tools which will be not closed by this command

> * When I have a class opened, with a method opened, then I go to the class
> comment tab and I save the class comment, calypso automatically gives me
> focus
> back to the "method tab" rather than staying in the class comment. This is
> annoying as i like to save my class comment frequently and not they flip to
> another tab.

Strangely I can not reproduce it. Do you see this all the time? Try open
new browser and repeat it.
Also try alt+left to navigation back in such cases.

> * I wish the "new protocol" offers me the existing ones as I type...as I
> normally re-use existing protocols (on purpose) and its easy to make small
> typos or differences with the original ones.

Done. Use Iceberg to update SystemCommands project (metacello script could
not work)