[Pharo-dev] [Pharo-users] Pharo 6 snap install

Luke Gorrie luke at snabb.co
Mon Apr 17 05:01:22 EDT 2017

On 17 April 2017 at 10:17, Alistair Grant <akgrant0710 at gmail.com> wrote:

> This isn't really a feature, it's a core part of the VM's operation.
> You could choose to build the itimer VM, but that has its own problems.
> See:
>
> https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/releases/tag/r3732#linux
> http://forum.world.st/Iceberg-with-SSH-on-Linux-td4940436.html
> http://forum.world.st/Unix-heartbeat-thread-vs-itimer-
> td4928943.html#a4938456

Thanks for the links!

I have only read through once, but isn't it a no-brainer to disable that
message telling you to edit your kernel config? It's very user-unfriendly,
it's the very first thing a new user will see the first time they try
Pharo, it's not actually applicable to all Linux distributions, and it
provides no demonstrable benefit?