[Pharo-dev] changing default theme to DarkTheme

Stephane Ducasse stepharo.self at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 08:30:19 EDT 2017

Hi Hernan

Why are you always so negative? Do you think that this is easy?

Inria paid Denis to build a remote tool suite for ***research purpose***
and we discovered that a new remote invocation framework was needed and
that they were far too many discussions between the model and the view.
Denis proposed to build a new browser (and it was not in our plans) and we
decided that we cannot do it otherwise.
We could keep this tool for us but we share it with the community.

Do you want another example?
I asked christopher to build versionner and he discovered that he cannot
script well enough the model. And versionner was made
for everybody. Now with git we will have to revise it.

Do you want another example?
Iceberg we payed nicolas passerini to analyse the situation and to build a
system that other people
can use it.

Do you want another example?
Esteban got in his face the FFI problem: you see Spur arrives and FFI
nabive boost does not so what do we do?
He worked like a mad (and it was not planned because we thought that igor
would adpta NB to spur then to 64 bits).
And the FFI is for everbody.

Do you want another example?
We spent one year with pavel, guillermo and christophe to make sure that we
can make sure that the three yars
effort of the phd of guillermo on bootstrap are not lost.

Do you want more?
All my books are open-source? Do you know how much time I take to write a
book?

I spent 8 months designing a mooc and do you know how much I earned doing
it: 3000 Euros ( so I will make the computation to know how much per hour I
lost) and the mooc is free.

May be all these examples have no value for you. But for me they have.

So you see you can piss on us if it makes you feeling better, and you can
rant in your corner.
But this is not the vision I have about a community because we are sharing
all the things that we are doing.

Stef