[Pharo-dev] Help currency review
btc at openinworld.com
Fri Apr 7 22:25:22 EDT 2017
At this late stage of Pharo 6 development, it might be good to do a pass
World > Help > Help Browser content
Epicea >Browsers - mentions two separate browser windows
GT Debugger >> Actions - TODO
GT Playground >> Overview - http://gt.moosetechnology.org redirects to
and same for several GT entries
Welcome > Getting Help says...
- The "Pharo Users" mailing list:
- The "Pharo Slack Team": http://slack4pharo.trentosur.com/
- The "Pharo IRC Channel": irc.freenode.net, #pharo channel
So we should change from Slack to Discord.
I can take care of this one but a couple questions...
1. I propose a Discord #Help channel to record here in the help browser.
2. I bumped into an interesting tip
Thus I propose we have a #Welcome channel providing info like what the bot
has been providing.
Later it could be good to have a bot just in that channel, but not off
someone's home server :)
I would expect that channel to not need anyone lurking in it. Newcomers
will jump immediately
from there #Help or #General
3. How active is the IRC channel? Should we remove it from the help
The mention at http://pharo.org/community could be sufficient.
4. Should we backport this help info update to Pharo 5?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Pharo-dev