[Pharo-dev] Help currency review

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Fri Apr 7 22:25:22 EDT 2017

At this late stage of Pharo 6 development, it might be good to do a pass
at...
World > Help > Help Browser content

Epicea >Browsers - mentions two separate browser windows

GT Debugger >> Actions - TODO

GT Playground >> Overview - http://gt.moosetechnology.org redirects to
http://gtoolkit.org/
and same for several GT entries

Welcome > Getting Help says...
- The "Pharo Users" mailing list:
- The "Pharo Slack Team": http://slack4pharo.trentosur.com/
- The "Pharo IRC Channel": irc.freenode.net, #pharo channel
- http://pharo.org/community

So we should change from Slack to Discord.
I can take care of this one but a couple questions...

1. I propose a Discord #Help channel to record here in the help browser.

2. I bumped into an interesting tip
https://www.reddit.com/r/discordapp/comments/3yu1bh/server_vs_channel_invites/

Thus I propose we have a #Welcome channel providing info like what the bot
has been providing.
Later it could be good to have a bot just in that channel, but not off
someone's home server :)
I would expect that channel to not need anyone lurking in it.  Newcomers
will jump immediately
from there #Help or #General

3. How active is the IRC channel?  Should we remove it from the help
browser?
The mention at http://pharo.org/community could be sufficient.

4. Should we backport this help info update to Pharo 5?

cheers -ben