[Pharo-dev] [Pharo 5] Some feedbacks

phil at highoctane.be phil at highoctane.be
Mon Apr 25 07:28:04 EDT 2016

Yes, same feel here.

Adding to it the fact that the debugger has freezes and weird behavior
(I've a hard time following the flow).

Maybe the initial 5.0 will be feature packed and the summer release will be
honed tools wise.

It is a massive release in terms of what it achieves and I think that we
shouldn't expect rock solid stuff for this one...

But this looks like the price to pay for going forward.

I'll port my codebase it 5.0 but not for any production grade at this time.
Complaining will not get things better, so, I hope to be able to contribute
some feedback and associated fixes.

You are right that experienced users can also be very surprised (I am).
Newcomers will have quite a hard time indeed.

Maybe Pharo 5.0 beta would be a good name for the release...

Phil