[Pharo-dev] Collection with spatiotemporal indexation - Ideas and discussions ?

Damien Pollet damien.pollet at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 08:27:33 EDT 2016

There are a lot of spatial access data structures:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spatial_database#Spatial_index

But for a prototype I don't think you care; a simple linear search should
be ok for testing until you have thousands and thousands of records. It's
probably more important to really explore what you need and how your
constraints will influence the API (e.g. since we haven't invented
teleportation yet, events for one person that are close in time are
necessarily close in space)

--
Damien Pollet