[Pharo-dev] What the state of unifying Beacon with SystemLogger?

stepharo stepharo at free.fr
Wed Apr 20 02:21:51 EDT 2016

I imagine well because I could also do it with SystemLogger.
Now one of the question I faced when I started to think about the UI was:
what is the protocol so that each event can expose domain specific
actions to the tools browsing them
(I did not think at that time about yet another pragma)

For the compiler I would like to have

     jumptomethod
         <action>
         MessageBrowser openWith: self method selection: self variables

So what we see is that we could have a pragma to describe action
but I did not like it.

So now I would have

CompilerLog packaged in Compiler
And
JumpToMethod packaged in CompilerExtrasTools (a package that import
Tools and extend Compiler)

For database
     -...

And in the compilerLogItem I do not want to have reference to UI tools

PS: I do not like the name Event because I would prefer to have a
separate domain name from UI.