[Pharo-dev] TxText model

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 05:02:29 EDT 2016

On 6 April 2016 at 11:56, Denis Kudriashov <dionisiydk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi

>> What are the main problems with Text, Paragraph, ... and other old
>> TextComponents?
>

> I don't want to write crappy words. But to understand what was wrong you
> can try with them:
>
>    - remove blinking cursor for specific morph instance
>    - hide selection or change it color for specific morph instance
>    - implement validation for input when only digits are allowed
>    - implement masked fields
>    - try to make all this composable
>
> It seems that first two items are really simple tasks. But it is huge pain
> and hacks at the end.

Yes, Denis, that was i did not mentioned.
But as i said my main focus was not trying to fix all of the above , but to
enable vector-based rendering for text. The rest was coming as a bonus and
future work.
Because else, all of it worth nothing if you cannot even render text with
Athens..

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.