[Pharo-dev] [ bloc ] I do not understand why some behavior is not in the right place

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 08:12:47 EDT 2016

Couple more words about that fill() function abstraction.
Now you probably understand why there's no notion of stroke operation in
Athens.
Because instead of introducing it that way, by adding new kind of a function
stroke(shape,paint)
from our perspective, it falls into our more generic fill() function,
except that
instead of literally filling the shape we deciding to paint a stroke:
fill(shape, strokePaint).

As i said, there's nothing that tells that fill() function must affect only
areas enclosed by the shape.
For instance, you could imagine, that i'm in contrary, may want to fill
everything , but the area(s) enclosed by given shape. And that still can be
represented as invocation of our generic fill() function, except that we
will use a different kind of paint, that will fill everything outside
designated region, i.e.:
fill(shape, fillOutsidePaint)

--
Best regards,