[Pharo-dev] [bloc] shape size?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 07:44:03 EDT 2016

On 3 April 2016 at 13:18, Denis Kudriashov <dionisiydk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi

>> If you want to change clicking behaviour you need to override one single
>> method.
>>
>> Everything you wrote with unreadable amount of characters is for nothing.
>>
> I see clearly point of Igor. And for me it feels very logical. With such
> design you can lively change clipping area and interaction area for any
> morph (element) on screen.

In short, i see only two cases where indeed, morph requires a nothing of
shapes to define:
 - clipping region(s)
 - ui interaction region(s)

but for drawing? nooooo... really? who cares what you draw there?
draw anything, in any possible way you see fit.. compose, decompose,
recombine, blend and mix.. that's the whole purpose of drawing and be
artistic and be able to express yourself in any possible way you want :)
Why nailing and formalizing things that are tend to be hardly formalizable
and more than that, unnecessary.
That's my main concern about current design.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.