[Pharo-dev] [bloc] shape size?

Aliaksei Syrel alex.syrel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 18:46:46 EDT 2016

I'm pretty sure we don't understand a meaning of composition identically.
This is how I understand it:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composition_(visual_arts)

"In graphic design for press and desktop publishing composition is commonly
referred to as page layout."

Design for press is inspiration of modern ui design techniques, for example
material design.

Concentrate on "page layout". Then comes the following question: if
composition is archived through layout of elements why Stef tries to
manually draw shapes instead of composing two elements?

Howto:
1) Create an element with rectangle shape.
2) Create an element with circle shape.
3) Add circle element to rectangle element.
4) Change layout params of the circle element to match parent both
vertically and horizontally
5) if needed set padding/margin.

There is even no need to care about drawing if it's complicated.