[Pharo-dev] [ANN]: Tiny Dev Tools for SimplePersistence and STON

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Fri May 1 22:52:56 EDT 2015

I often find myself writing the same boilerplate over and over for my basic
persistence needs. My usual pattern is to serialize/materialize a class-side
instance variable with accessors of the same name.

Some time ago, I added the following to SimplePersistence (IIRC it gets
loaded by default):
  aClass persist: #fieldName
which adds the necessary code automatically.

Since I've been playing with STON a bit, I created the same in STON-Tools
and uploaded to http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~SeanDeNigris/SeansOutbox. There
is even a test ;)

Enjoy...

-----