[Pharo-dev] New pretty printer Blue Ink

Franck Warlouzet franck.warlouzet at hotmail.fr
Wed Jul 22 04:44:22 EDT 2015

Hello everyone,

We just integrated Blue Ink, the new pretty printer, in the latest Pharo 5 image ! Basically what was working still is and what was not well now is.

It is not yet enabled by default, we will wait for feedbacks first. If you want to try it, just type :

RBProgramNode formatterClass: BIConfigurableFormatter.
BIConfigurableFormatter formatAsYouReadPolicy: true

Feel free to contact me via the mailing list or personnal mail if you experience a strange behavior. I tried to improve all of them but with you I am sure all the cases will be treated in an exhaustive way.

Thanks for testing it, I hope it will convince you to use format as you read in Nautilus or just automatically format your code.

Franck