[Pharo-dev] [New] academic partner program
stepharo at free.fr
Mon Jun 30 03:56:41 EDT 2014
The Pharo consortium http://consortium.pharo.org is launching a new
program in direction to academic partners: teachers, Universities and
We realized that the advantages/duties to be an academic member were
unclear. We really want to build a strong community.
Here are the key facts extracted from the documentation.
Here are the main advantages as an academic partner:
- Direct access to Pharo core developers via an automatic
subscription to a specific mailing list.
- Access to Pharo documents and courses.
- Its logo posted on the Pharo Website Academic pages.
- The possibility to propose and participate in actions.
Here are the main duties (which you are already doing)
- Put a link to Pharo Consortium Website from its institutional
- When using Pharo to teach, create web pages with document courses
related to Pharo.
- Provide Inria with an annual report of at most half a page of its
actions to promote and sustain Pharo.
As member of the Pharo Consortium, the Academic Partner shall make
its best efforts to:
- Give courses on Pharo or related topics to its students
- Participate to the development of open source software libraries
- Participate to selected Pharo mailing lists :
pharo-dev at lists.pharo.org and/or pharo-users at lists.pharo.org
- Participate in the authoring of open-source books on Pharo and
So we really hope that you will register and help us making Pharo grow
and be a really cool and friendly ecosystem.
The Pharo Board.
More information about the Pharo-dev