[Pharo-dev] [Tutorial] Rediscovering the UX of the legendary HP-35 Scientific Pocket Calculator

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at stfx.eu
Wed Jun 25 09:29:26 EDT 2014

Hi,

I have written a new, extensive, long form, introductory article about Pharo.

  Rediscovering the UX of the legendary HP-35 Scientific Pocket Calculator

  A tutorial on Pharo, test and specification based immersive programming

  https://medium.com/@svenvc/rediscovering-the-ux-of-the-legendary-hp-35-scientific-pocket-calculator-d1d497ece999

It is a bit different because

 - it is based on a non-trivial example
 - it uses a backdrop story unrelated to Pharo
 - it uses several multimedia elements
 - it is published on medium.com which is a general publishing platform

The appendix describes several ways you can get the code. I think building both a Spec and Seaside UI from the same specification as well as reusing functional tests in different contexts is cool. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
Proudly supporting Pharo