[Pharo-dev] UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #wait

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Aug 29 08:06:05 EDT 2014

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 11:42:24AM +0200, Yuriy Tymchuk wrote:
> Sometimes when I save image I get this error:
>

> UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #wait
> [
> event wait.
> processSynchronizationDelay wait.	"Avoids lost signals in heavy process switching"
> self changed: #childProcessStatus ] in [
> [
> event wait.
> processSynchronizationDelay wait.	"Avoids lost signals in heavy process switching"
> self changed: #childProcessStatus ] repeat ] in UnixOSProcessAccessor>>grimReaperProcess in Block: [ ...
> BlockClosure>>repeat
> [
> [
> event wait.
> processSynchronizationDelay wait.	"Avoids lost signals in heavy process switching"
> self changed: #childProcessStatus ] repeat ] in UnixOSProcessAccessor>>grimReaperProcess in Block: [ ...
> [
> self value.
> Processor terminateActive ] in BlockClosure>>newProcess in Block: [ ...
>

> Is it a known problem?

Hi Uko,

I have not seen this before, but I can say that the error is coming from
OSProcess. OSProcess uses a background process that wakes up when a child
OS process (that was started earlier by OSProcess) has exited.

I do not know the reason for the failure that you are seeing, but I am
guessing that it may be somehow related to image shutdown and startup processing
when you save the image.

Dave