[Pharo-dev] a Pharo talk from a ruby conference

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Wed Apr 30 16:34:25 EDT 2014

I was reading this thread and watching... Sean arguing... that Pharo is NOT
Smalltalk

No!!!!!!!! As I and Esteban (at least, maybe others) have repeated, *we are
NOT saying that Pharo is not Smalltalk*.

Either we're not explaining ourselves well or (more likely IMHO) everyone is
so emotional over this (and it's a good thing that we care that much) that
they're not actually reading what we're saying.

How can you read either
http://forum.world.st/Pharo-is-Smalltalk-and-Not-td4757342.html or my two
main points at
http://forum.world.st/a-Pharo-talk-from-a-ruby-conference-tp4756805p4756995.html
and say that I'm saying that?!

I think there is a middle ground where everyone gets what they want. I've
tried to express it in the first link above. Please - I love differences and
discussion, but if you're going to react, react /specifically/ to what I
said (e.g. the two points I made in the second link), because right now, you
are only arguing with yourself ;)

-----
Cheers,
Sean