[Pharo-dev] [pharo-project/pharo-core]

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 10:28:38 EDT 2014

Hi Marcus,

On Apr 30, 2014, at 6:42 AM, Marcus Denker <marcus.denker at inria.fr> wrote:

> On 29 Apr 2014, at 16:13, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Marcus,

>>> There are two mails:
>>>
>>> 1) useless
>>> 2) it has *everything*
>>> -> changed methods and classes
>>> -> commit comments
>>> -> Link to get the diffs very nicely formatted.
>>>
>>> Sadly we did not find a way to turn of this one useless mail. There is sadly no option.
>>
>> So who develops github?
> Github inc.
> they have now >10 million repositories. got 100mill funding in 2012…
>
>> Are they willing to provide a third option?
> Unlikely, considering the scale of the operation.

Surely that's completely backwards.  If they have 100mil (lira?) per year to spend they have the resources to improve their product.  Do they have a feedback channel through which you could ask?  Why don't you ask them?

>> Another potential solution would be to direct the full commit to a server that filters/edits down the full messages and resends.
> Yes, I was thinking about that… but who has the time?

Right. We should just wallow in depression.  Killing myself takes too much effort.