[Pharo-dev] 3.0 Welcome text

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Tue Apr 29 23:20:21 EDT 2014

Ben Coman wrote
> Just to add
>> Some feedback on the Pharo 3.0 Release welcome text.
>> btw, it would be really cool if URLs within comments were
>> automatically identified and clickable to launch an external browser.

I like everything in this thread.

As for clickable URLs, I've been thinking we should have this available by
default for some time. With NativeBoost, you can easily do this in OS X with
"NBMacShell run: 'open ', aUrl asString". What's a dependable way to launch
the default browser on other platforms? On Windows? For *nix, I found
xdg-open, but wasn't sure if it was standard across many/all flavors.

-----
Cheers,
Sean