[Pharo-dev] a Pharo talk from a ruby conference

phil at highoctane.be phil at highoctane.be
Mon Apr 28 16:07:56 EDT 2014

What no REPL? Check this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3067563/using-squeak-from-a-shell

"Works out of the box in Pharo 2.0. For prior versions (definitely
works in 1.3 and 1.4), first file in https://gist.github.com/2602113"

| command |
[
	command := FileStream stdin nextLine.
	command ~= 'exit' ] whileTrue: [ | result |
		result := Compiler evaluate: command.
		FileStream stdout nextPutAll: result asString; lf ].

Smalltalk snapshot: false andQuit: true.

Well, on Windows, this will suck big time, but on unix and osx, should
fare better.

IMHO, we shoould fix the stdin/stdout/stderr shit that we do have on
Pharo on Windows.

I had a shot on the VM side but that is nowhere to be complete... :-(

Phil