[Pharo-dev] [Pharo3] 30837 has new sources file

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at stfx.eu
Mon Apr 28 10:20:07 EDT 2014

On 28 Apr 2014, at 15:58, Marcus Denker <marcus.denker at inria.fr> wrote:

> On 28 Apr 2014, at 15:34, Marcus Denker <marcus.denker at inria.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> So we did
>>
>> -> an update 30837 to remove a bit of Scriploader methods so the do not end up in the .sources file (60.000 LOC…)
>> -> then we condensed the sources and changes and re-uploaded that file.
>> -> Zeroconf has been updated. Now it download V1, V2 and V3 sources… (which is far from nice… but works).
>> -> the sources files is here: http://files.pharo.org/sources/
>>
>> Overall, the whole sources and changes mechanism again showed that it was not designed with the idea in mind
>> to be able to “release at any point”. Our goal has to be that the build server artefact is the release artefact.
>> Concerning .sources and .changes this is not the case… we really need another design.
>>

> e.g. now we have three tests failing:
>
>> SlotTests.SlotTraitsTest.testClassWithTrait2

>> Tests.Files.SourceFileArrayTest.testProtocol

It seems that there is a minor difference in the method timestamp:

testProtocol
	"Test that we can access protocol correctly"
	"self debug: #testProtocol"

	| okCm notOkCm |
	okCm := Point>>#dist: .
	self assert: (SourceFiles sourcedDataAt: okCm sourcePointer) = 'Point methodsFor: ''point functions'' stamp: ''lr 7/4/2009 10:42'''.

while

	SourceFiles sourcedDataAt: okCm sourcePointer

equals

'Point methodsFor: ''point functions'' stamp: ''lr 7/4/2009 10:42'' prior: 0'

it is just the prior: 0

>> Tests.Files.SourceFileArrayTest.testTimeStamp

same here, the rest is OK