[Pharo-dev] Fast way to load package form github

François Stephany tulipe.moutarde at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 13:06:18 EDT 2014

I'm a bit lost of what is currently possible to do with git in Pharo. Is
there a place where you describe your workflow in a multi-developer
environment?

We currently use git flow[1] for our iOS, Android and Rails apps. We would
love to use the same for Pharo. What we are doing now is using a filetree
repository under a src/ directory sitting next to the image. We use
versionner to save all our packages in the filetree tree and then we `git
commit/push`.

It was working fine while I was alone but we are now two developers working
on this and I do not feel confident about this flow; merging filetree tree
in CLI doesn't sound like a good idea. probably not be practical.

The second developer is working on this since yesterday so we haven't yet
decided how we gonna handle this.

I would love to hear from people working with git and Pharo.

[1] http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/