[Pharo-dev] CPU usage change on newer OS

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Thu Apr 24 14:43:57 EDT 2014

I have a strange effect on my machines. I have a dedicated server and a lot of virtual instances using LXC. The last few days I migrated most projects of our projects from pharo2.0 to pharo3.0. And on the same time the images moved from an ubuntu 12.04. system to a ubuntu 14.04 system. Looking at the top command it appears the images/vms need noticable less CPU or better the tools report less. The monitored overall CPU usage also is much lesser than before.

This is not proved by any measurement. Has anyone an idea why this could happen or appear differently?

Norbert