[Pharo-dev] Debugging in Production Servers

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at stfx.eu
Thu Apr 24 01:42:15 EDT 2014

I am sorry, but I disagree.

Yes, technically, much of what we take for granted is partially possible in most other languages, but it is often hard to use, an add-on, an afterthought. But more important, Java developers even do not use debuggers/inspectors/browsers during development, let alone during production. It's just edit/compile/run/crash - add some print statements and run again. During production its all massive plain logging.

We can dump live stacks with FUEL for example.