[Pharo-dev] Debugging in Production Servers

S Krish krishnamachari.sudhakar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 01:03:55 EDT 2014

The capability exists, any dev team can take advantage if reqd of it, I am
sure many may have in rare occassions. On the remote on the same LAN it
will not be any different than debug is for eclipse / VisualStudio in dev.

In Insurance, Banking in my experience, it will be the last resort, unless
it is critical and there is no other alternative to it but with production
data set.

As I reiterated the reflection based data gathering that can enabled along
with the superb exception handling capability it is something that is
leveraged by smalltalk in production ( Unicycle reports in VA) and that is
terrific for resolving bugs.

Reflection based tools like in Groovy can bring any Java system close to
Smalltalk offers also in production as I have done in my work place.