[Pharo-dev] Lost in spec

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 07:56:49 EDT 2014

i want to use different adaptor for TextModel, when opening my UI
so that when widget is built for it, it will be my own widget,
not PluggableTextMorph..

but i found it hard to do.. here what i tried:

I try to replace bindings, so at the stage when spec interpreted, it uses
my bindings:

openWithSpec

    | old result |
    old := SpecInterpreter bindings.

    SpecInterpreter bindings: TxAdapterBindings new.

    [ result :=  super openWithSpec ]
    ensure: [ SpecInterpreter bindings: old ].
    ^ result

in TxAdapterBindings i initialize it same as morphic bindging, except from
text model binding:
 #TextAdapter        =>         #TxTextAdapter

but it is never invoked nor used :(

i understand the overall model, but it seems like not completely,
(else the above trick would work).. what do i miss?

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.