[Pharo-dev] Arnaud Jean-Baptiste search for a Job position.

Jean Baptiste Arnaud jbaptiste.arnaud at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 13:46:02 EDT 2014

Hello,
I am Arnaud Jean-Baptiste,
I am in Post-doc in Rmod team, my post-doc finishes in December. And I am looking for a job position.
My Experience:
Since 5 years, I am in the Rmod team working on Pharo language:
First I conducted a PhD focused on how to integrate new language features (I reified references), to enforce security policy.
During my PhD, I acquired a deep knowledge of the Pharo virtual machine, language design and understanding complexe legacy software (when I began a PhD there are no correct documentation to rebuild the VM in a clean way).
My PhD can be found on my website: http://jeanbaptiste-arnaud.eu/phd/
During my Post-doc, I parsed python language using moose for extract security information rely to static analysis.
In addition, I worked 6 months with Synectique (software quality company focus on legacy langage), my job was to parse and extract data from Cobol language to provide visualisation (more detail can be found: http://jeanbaptiste-arnaud.eu/cobol/)

In parallele I cultivate interrest on low level features, I am the maintainer the NBOpenGL implementation and provide some tutorial and simple tool (texture importer, mpeg renderer, etc.).
I am the actual developer and maintainer of the RaspberryPi PharoVM project: (https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/view/ARM/), I began to introduce FFI for ARM.
I am beginning to revive the project of golubovsky,  to generate android version based on the last interpreter.

Other projects or more fun projects:
 - Opal compiler, at beginning of my PhD I was developer on the Opal project:
 - Storm, a binding of a 2D physical engine (focus for game), I am contributor on the project of Esteban Lorenzano,
 - Gameboy, I began to do from scratch a gameboy emulator (try to be closest possible of the hardware), on Pharo based on the documentation found on: http://gbdev.gg8.se/wiki/articles/Main_Page, It is fun and I made great advance (graphic/engine/memory/processor ok, need to finish material binding interrupt and debug), but sadly I do not have time anymore.

Obviously, I am a Pharo contributor.

Eventually If your are interested on my academic skill my academic CV:

Here some peoples that can recommend me:

Pharo community contacts:
- Stephane Ducasse, my actual boss lead the Pharo community:
	stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
- Igor Stasenko, a Senior developer involve in Pharo community:
	siguctua at gmail.com
- Esteban Lorenzano, a Senior developer involve in Pharo community:
	estebanlm at gmail.com

Synectique contacts:
- Nicolas Anquetil, researche and lead member of Synectique:
	Nicolas.Anquetil at inria.fr
- Usman Bhatti, developer and project lead.
	usman.bhatti at gmail.com

Best Regards
Jean Baptiste Arnaud
jbaptiste.arnaud at gmail.com