[Pharo-dev] tiny survey: who uses Pharo Launcher?

Laurent Laffont laurent.laffont at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 10:24:36 EDT 2014

Hi Esteban,

I use only Pharo Launcher for several months:

1/ ArchLinux, 64 bits

2/ Yes, great improvement in managing images

3/ Suggestions:
- show created & last opened date for existing images. Option to sort by date or alphabetically
- add a comment field for existing images so I could remember why I have this image
- add a search field for templates & existing images
- bookmark some templates (I often download Seaside or Phratch, tired to scroll down)
- get the descriptions of the jenkins jobs to know what each template is about
- notification that a new version of PharoLauncher is available
- manage common preferences in PharoLauncher:
   - shared package-cache
   - prepare each new image with a set of Metacello configuration & preferences

Laurent