[Pharo-dev] tiny survey: who uses Pharo Launcher?

kilon alios kilon.alios at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 09:10:42 EDT 2014

1) I am using it on Windows 7 , Macos 10.7 , Macos 10.9 and I was also
using it on Ubuntu 13.12 that is no longer supported so I dont use it there
anymore.

2) I am very happy with it, simple enough and gets the job done

3) I don't like the idea that I can no longer run it on my Ubuntu. I also
dont like that it freezes any action while downloading the image , for
example when the servers were down instead of returning a "server not
found" it was infinitely frozen on downloading and had to force quit it .
It would be nice if images came with some form of description for those not
familiar with them and maybe a time stamp.

I wish python and other languages had something similar , I am big fan of
PharoLauncher

I would like some form of documentation, I tried several times to
understand the code but could not figure out how it works which made it
very hard for me to contribute ( I had contributed already the loading bars
for it). My intention was to help out into making it accessible through
CLI. I have to confess I only spent a couple of hours into reading the code
in total and then I gave up.